Mission & Mandate
The Buffalo Lake Management Team (BLMT) will provide insightful input and advice to Alberta Environment and Parks operations staff regarding the following:
- Monitoring progress and outcomes of Buffalo Lake Integrated Shoreland Management Plan (BLISMP) goals and objectives.
- Response to any issues arising from Plan implementation.
- Formal Plan reviews if necessary to respond to change.
- Resolution of Plan Issues arising from Plan interpretation or disputes among stakeholders.
This resolution must respect the following: who has jurisdiction over a given matter; the recognition of legislated mandates; conformity with existing policies, legislation, regulations and agreements; the observance of established administrative procedures; and any legal considerations relevant to the matter in question.
- Maintaining good communication and consistency between levels of government tasked with managing land use around Buffalo Lake.
- Assisting with public input and education regarding Buffalo Lake issues.